If you desire a straighter smile, you may be considering your orthodontic options. Like many of our patients, you may be hesitant to spend a year or more wearing metal braces on your teeth. Fortunately, Invisalign® offers a simpler, more discreet alternative. Dr. Herskovits is ranked one of the top 100 Invisalign® providers in the country. To learn more about Invisalign® benefits, please contact our Brooklyn practice today.
During your initial Invisalign® consultation, Dr. Herskovits will create a digital impression of your bite. This allows him to plan your treatment and show you the progressive movement your teeth will make over the course of treatment. After he has created your personal plan, he will send these images to an offsite lab, and technicians will make a series of clear mouthpieces to straighten your teeth. You will wear your mouthpiece for 20 to 22 hours per day, removing it only to eat, or while brushing and flossing. Typically, you will switch to a new mouthpiece every two weeks, and over the next 9 to 18 months, you will notice progressive changes in your smile.
Advantages of Invisalign®
There are many great reasons to consider this advanced form of orthodontic care:
- Discreet Mouthpieces: The clear, BPA-free plastic orthodontic mouthpieces are extremely discreet. Those around you will not be able to tell you are wearing them, even when they are standing at a close distance.
- Effectiveness: Invisalign® can treat cosmetic misalignment, as well as more severe forms of malocclusion. The treatment typically works just as well as traditional orthodontic care, and it has a comparable price and treatment time.
- Predictable Results: Thanks to advanced computer software, you can see what your smile will look like following treatment. This technology also allows Dr. Herskovits to create a precise treatment plan.
- Protection for Oral Health: Straightening your teeth can protect your overall dental and systemic health. Additionally, because the Invisalign® aligners are removable, brushing and flossing are as easy as ever.
- Convenience: Invisalign® treatment requires fewer appointments with the dentist than metal braces.
- No Food Restrictions: Because they are removable, you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your braces or getting food stuck in your hardware.
- Comfort: The smooth surface of the trays will not irritate your lips or cheeks.
Invisalign can treat a wide range of issues. In addition to slight cosmetic adjustments, Dr. Herskovits may use this treatment to address:
By correcting these conditions, the dentist can improve your appearance and confidence while helping you to also achieve a properly balanced bite. Meanwhile, a straight smile is easier to maintain, and presents far fewer places for plaque and tartar to accumulate.
Find Out If Invisalign® Is Right for You
Achieving a straighter smile may be more compatible with your lifestyle than you think. To learn more about the costs and advantages of Invisalign®, schedule an appointment today.