Prevention helps avoid serious and costly dental problems and is the key to the Brooklyn Smile philosophy of helping patients keeping their teeth for a lifetime.
Preventive Care from Brooklyn Smile
At Brooklyn Smile, our philosophy is helping ensure patients keep their teeth for a lifetime. This requires a strong preventive program, which is a cooperative effort by the patient, dentist and dental staff.
Understanding our patients through personalized care provided by qualified hygienists and dentists is our approach at Brooklyn Smile. Our goal is to ensure you keep your natural dentition by preventing the onset, progress and recurrence of serious dental conditions.
At Brooklyn Smile we believe that six-month routine visits with a cleaning and X-rays are critical for avoiding more serious conditions and important for maintaining healthy gums.
Professional Dental Cleaning
Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office. Each time you visit our dental practice for a checkup, we will provide a professional teeth cleaning and dental exam to help your smile stay healthy. During your cleaning and exam, our dental team will do the following:
- Oral cancer screening: A thorough evaluation of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat and gums to look for any indications of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: A careful view of the gums and bone around the teeth to check for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: A gentle check of the surface of your teeth for soft spots or tooth decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: An evaluation of the appearance of all restorative work in your mouth.
- Cleaning & Polishing: Removal of any plaque or tartar on the teeth, which can lead to periodontal disease.
- Diagnostic X-rays: We may utilize dental X-rays to further evaluate the health of your teeth and for the detection of decay, tumors and bone loss.
Children’s Dental Cleaning
We love welcoming children to our office and go above and beyond to create a positive environment where children can feel comfortable. The Brooklyn Smile team will take the time to build a trusting relationship with your child while providing them with quality care so that they can have the best possible experience in our office and avoid feeling anxious or stressed.
We encourage you to bring your child to our office every six months for a regular dental exam and cleaning. During this visit, our friendly dentists and team will gently clean your child’s teeth and check for signs of dental problems, such as tooth decay.
In addition to bringing your child to our office for regular checkups, it is important that you help your child establish good oral hygiene habits at home. Teach your child to brush and floss their teeth every day and help them maintain a balanced, healthy diet.
Contact us today at 718-745-3456 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gary Herskovits and Dr. Amy Herskovits and learn more about dental cleanings and exams in Brooklyn, New York.