Life with a missing tooth or teeth can be problematic and could have a negative impact on your oral health and ultimately on your quality of life.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are designed to be permanent replacements for your missing teeth. They are considered the optimal solution for missing teeth, as they are designed to look, feel, and function like your natural teeth.
They are the very best approach for supporting crowns, and they also stop the loss of jawbone that occurs in the absence of tooth roots.
The implant post is a small screw made of titanium or another biocompatible material.
It is surgically inserted into your jawbone to replace your tooth roots, and it performs the same functions as your tooth root in ensuring that your teeth remain stable in your mouth and stimulating your jawbone to keep your supporting bone tissue healthy.
An implant restoration replaces the visible portion of the tooth, and it is designed to be blend in with your smile to give you a beautiful result as well as restoring full function.
- Improved appearance and overall self-esteem
- Ability to speak more clearly
- More comfort and convenience
- Improved ability to eat
- Better oral health
- Longevity of restorations
- Reduction of bone loss
Implants From Brooklyn Smile
Dr. Gary Herskovits and Dr. Amy Herskovits are highly trained board-certified professionals in the field of Implant Dentistry and Oral Rehabilitation. Their skills, experience, and knowledge are all you need to have comprehensive dental implant treatment.
The Brooklyn Smile team follows 4 very important steps to ensure the Implant meets your expectations and lasts a lifetime.
- Diagnostic Evaluation: Almost everyone is a candidate for dental implants, and as long as your mouth is healthy. At Brooklyn Smile, a thorough examination your teeth and mouth are essential to ensure that implants are a good option for you. This includes using the newest technology (3-Dimensional CT scan) to determine the best way to place the implant and develop the optimal treatment plan.
- Implant Placement: Once you and the team have agreed on the treatment plan, the Brooklyn Smile team will place the implant. The oral surgeon in conjunction with Dr. Amy or Dr. Herskovits work together to ensure the proper placement. It is all done by the Brooklyn Smile team to make the entire process easy on you.
- Osseointegration: After the implant is placed, it requires time to heal integrate with the bone. (Osseointegration) Osseointegration occurs when the natural gum and jaw tissue around your implant bond with it permanently, locking in place and providing a stable platform to which your restoration can be attached. This process takes between 3-6 months, in most cases.
- Final Restoration: Once the implant has fully healed, the Brooklyn Smile team will create an esthetic crown or bridge that will be cemented to the implant. As highly trained board-certified implant specialists, the team will work with you to choose the most durable and esthetic choice to meet your expectations.
Types of Implants
Brooklyn Smile offers a wide range of implant types to provide patients with options that meet their personal requirements. There are three primary types of implants: